- Practice endogamy.
- Do not mingle with people of other tribes.
- Practice shifting cultivation.
- Men are courageous woodsman and hunters.
- Male to female ratio is female oriented.
ART & CULTURE
- Women expertise in body tattoos. The women tattoo experts are known as ‘Godharins’.
- Folk medicine is commonly practiced and men are experts in that department.
- Folk dance mainly include Bhoom, Karma and Bilma.
- Folk music includes Rautnacha, Dewarnacha, Banthi and Soorwa.
Generally live off the land. Meals mainly include Kodo, Kutki and drink Pej. Fish, various small mammals , fruits and mushrooms readily available in the jungle are eaten by the people of this tribe.
Found in the jungles of Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand, they form dominant percentage of the Indian tribal community. They showcase a unique culture and are an offshoot of the Bhuiya tribe of Chhota Nagpur. Languages spoken by them are mainly Baigani, Hindi and Marathi.